The license terms of SAS Institut GmbH apply for users (departments and members of TUB) for software provided within the SAS state license. Especially the following points should be taken into consideration:
- The Technical University of Berlin as licensee grants to the end user a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sub-licensable right of use of the software. The end user is obliged to keep the license material’s trademark rights, copyright notices, and other legal reservations unchanged. The end user is hereby explicitly prohibited to copy the software, except for back-up copies in customary use, or to distribute it commercially or non-commercially. The Technical University of Berlin reserves the right to use legal actions against the end user in case of violation of these terms.
- The software may only be employed for the non-commercial use in research and education.
- Copying and distribution (including the installation file "Setinit") of the software or parts of thereof is prohibted. One software copy for installation, maintenance or backup purposes may be created.
- It is prohibited to change, reverse engineer or deassemble the software.
- The user will try in all conscience to limit access and use of the software to TUB employees and students and to hardware under his control.
- It is prohibited to remove the copyright label from the software. Copies of the software have to be labeled correctly.
- If the state license is terminated, all copies of the software have to be returned or destroyed. This has to be confirmed in front of TUB/tubIT in written form.
- The user accepts that the software is property of SAS Institute GmbH and that the software is a copyright protected asset. A deliberate or negligent violation of the copyright may result in major compensation claims.
- TUB is not liable for the correct functioning of the software. TUB is not obliged to correct errors. TUB is not liable for 3rd party claims.
- Ordering products within the Softwareportal that are part of the TU license agreement constitutes a formal contract between the customer and the TU. In relation to the customer only the conditions of use as specified in the adhering tubIT contract are applicable. Products acquired within TU agreements are excluded from the right of revocation.