Conditions For The Participation in SolidWorks Education Edition License
The license terms of Dassault Systems SolidWorks Corporation  apply for users (departments of Technische Universität Berlin) for software provided within SolidWorks Education Edition license. Especially the following points should be taken into consideration:
The Technical University of Berlin as licensee grants to the end user a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sub-licensable right of use of the software. The end user is obliged to keep the license material’s trademark rights, copyright notices, and other legal reservations unchanged. The end user is hereby explicitly prohibited to copy the software, except for back-up copies in customary use, or to distribute it commercially or non-commercially. The Technical University of Berlin reserves the right to use legal actions against the end user in case of violation of these terms.
- The software may only be employed by departments of TU for training but not for research. It may only be installed on computers of TU. A commercial use is prohibited.
- Further copying or distribution of the software or parts thereof to 3rd parties is prohibited.
- The end user undertakes to use the product only in the specified network.
- All physical copies of the license products (CDs, DVDs) remain property of Dassault System SolidWorks Corporation. These copies are rental objects for the term of the agreement.
- DVD/CD copies may not be created.
- The end user is also not entitled to decompile, disassemble or imitate the software or create products derived from the software.
- The end user will try in all conscience to limit access and use of the software to TUB employees and students and to hardware under his control.
- Analog terms apply for written and electronic documentation.
- The end user accepts that the software is property of Dassault Systems SolidWorks Corporation and that the software is a copyright protected asset. A deliberate or negligent violation of the copyright may result in major compensation claims.
- TUB is not liable for the correct functioning of the software. TUB is not obliged to correct errors. TUB is not liable for 3rd party claims.
Ordering products within the Softwareportal that are part of the TU license agreement constitutes a formal contract between the customer and the TU. In relation to the customer only the conditions of use as specified in the adhering tubIT contract are applicable. Products acquired within TU agreements are excluded from the right of revocation.