Services and requirements
tubIT offers backup services for two groups: for users of tubIT accounts respectively data of TU members and for TU institutions like faculties, departments and administration units.
By default tubIT creates backups of:
- home directories of AFS users
- user mailboxes on the central mailserver
- shared AFS storage of TU departments with a standard size of 250 GB
Furthermore tubIT runs backups on ESX servers for their own infrastructure servers and all virtual machines. This ensures a guaranteed recovery time.
Departments of TU Berlin can add their own servers to the backup service.
- For all TU departments tubIT offers  additional SAN storage which can be provided as AFS storage or RAW device for your own server or virtual server. This storage can be integrated into tubIT's backup system on request. This increases the charges for the storage per terabyte.
- Existing data can also be integrated. tubIT will bill the departments accordingly. The charges depend on the number of servers and terabytes. Depending on the desired backup class  more or less storage is required.
is based on the LOS resolutions