- © tubIT IT-Service-Center
For the physical realisation of the services "Andrew File System" and "Backup" tubIT maintains a Storage Area Network (SAN). This storage provides approx. 479 TB usable capacity at the moment. This storage network is the core of the tubIT infrastructure and can be adjusted flexibly and individually to different requirements.
The SAN is logically distributed over two locations and is completely redundant in itself. The data is mirrored at each location and is also secured in the correspondet disc systems against downtimes.
For maximum flexibility the storage is virtualised. This way each client can be presented an individual view on the data.
The basic services are provided using AFS. These storage sizes are provided by default:
- Students: 1 GB
- Employees: 5 GB
- Departments: 250 GB on application 
As a complementing service for departments and institutes tubIT offers expansions for the SAN at special conditions in order to store data beyond the basic service in the data center.
Different ways of provision:
- as AFS  volume
- as LUN (block device via fibrechannel) for your own server in the tubIT data center
- as virtual drive on a virtual server  at tubIT
- as quota expansion for mailboxes
You can apply for your desired extensions via the TUB portal ("IT-Anträge" > "VM- und Ressourcenverwaltung" > "Ressourcen").
- 1 TB with data backup non-recurring 350,00€ (Minimum term 3 years)
- 1 TB without data backup non-recurring 250,00€ (Minimum term 3 years)
- 1 TB with data backup for DepositOnce 3500,00€ (Minimum term 10 years)