Welcome to the TU Berlin
Dear ladies and gentlemen,
the IT service center tubIT is pleased to welcome you to the Technical University of Berlin. Our job is to provide you with basic IT services and to assist you in your daily work with these services. To use these services, you need to set up a tubIT account.
Together with your recruitment documents, you will receive a letter from your personnel office for creating a tubIT account (we call this process "Provisioning"). To do the provisioning, call up the webpage for registration on any computer with Internet access (http://www.tubit.tuberlin.de/registrierung) and log in there with the data from the received letter. Please follow the instructions of the application to set up your new tubIT account. In this process you will also receive your TU Berlin e-mail address. Please do not forget to check your personal information on the accuracy in advance. As your account activates, you'll also be asked for a passport photo for your new TU Berlin ID-Card. Therefore, please have a digital passport photo ready. If you do not have a possibility to create a digital photo, you can have a passport photo created for you in the tubIT shop (E-N 024). It is open from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6 pm. Your photo will be held up for the creation of the ID card and deleted afterwards. After registering your tubIT account you will have access to all tubIT services.
Your direct contact person:
Ms. Michaela Müller-Klang
Managing Director of Human Resources and Organization
Telephone: + 49 (0) 30 314 29836
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
We wish you a good start
Your tubIT team
In order to provide you with the best possible technical support right from the start, we have summarized the following services for you as a "Starter Base Package":
- Installation of an so called Org-name, which describes your institution in a precise way and is used among others as a subdomain "Org-Name.tu-berlin.de", for web addresses, e-mail addresses and computer names.
- Setting up the central AFS storage (250GB) for your facility, which you can use for any data but also for your web presence.
- Provide tubCloud storage for personal use (100GB) and institution (250GB) to sync files between multiple devices and share them with others (Sync&Share).
- Installation of a web appearance in the corporate design of the TU Berlin.
- Setting up your own network incl. subnet, subdomain and firewall rules.
- Setting up the exchange environment.
- Housing and hosting of servers, with having full control over it.
- Advice on the initial setup of the services and any further requirements.
Expansions and options
The following expansion options are available:
Consultation and contact persons:
In addition, the following persons are available for personal advice:
Ms. Michaela Müller-Klang -
Managing Director for Human Resources and Organization -
Mr. Dr. Thomas Hildmann -
Head of Infrastructure and Technology -
Mr. Michael Flachsel -
Managing Director of Technology and Infrastructure -
A selection of interesting
tubIT services can be found at:
Informationen für neuberufene HochschulprofessorInnen (deutsch) 
Informationen für neuberufene HochschulprofessorInnen (englisch)